Calling all Maine photographers! We’re excited to announce that today officially marks the beginning of the 2023 Frenchman Bay Conservancy Calendar Contest!
We’re seeking photographers to submit their FBC photos to help show off the beauty of our preserves and support our mission to protect the land that you love.
Whether you’re someone that’s been out all winter trying to capture that perfect snow-covered scene, or you’ve been reminiscing over photos from warmer days – we hope that you’ll consider submitting your photo to our contest.
It can be of almost anything you like*, as long as it features one of our 18 preserves. Photos do not have to be from this year or season, so feel free to go into your archives, but heads up: You can only submit up to five photos! Submitted photographs that meet the entry criteria will be reviewed by a panel of FBC staff and board members, and 12 winners will be selected.
Each winner will receive an FBC Swag Bag, bragging rights, and the knowledge that you’ve helped protect downeast Maine for future generations. For information on how to submit your photo, please read the guidelines below:
How to Submit Your Photo – It’s as Easy as 1-2-3!
- First, make sure that your photo meets the submission criteria outlined below:
- Photos should be at least 2550 x 3300 pixels, if not higher resolution, and horizontal in order to fit the calendar format.
- *Photos must feature one of FBC’s 18 preserves, and can feature landscapes, wildlife, or people aged 18+. Photos do not have to be from this year. Trail maps and other preserve information is on our website.
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Second, submit up to five photos by sending them to email@example.com, with the subject line, “2023 Calendar Contest.” Please include your name and a short description of your photo(s) including the featured preserve and any other details you’d like to share.
- If you share more than five photos, we will not be able to include your submissions in the contest.
- Frenchman Bay Conservancy reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to the stated contest rules.
- By submitting a photo to this contest, entrants agree that photos can be used by Frenchman Bay Conservancy, with credit, in our communications and fundraising materials. (Bonus: Even if you don’t win, you’re still helping promote land conservation in Maine!)
- Third, wait patiently! The contest is open until May 15, 2022. A panel of FBC staff and board members will review the entries and winners will be announced within a month of the contest closing. Winners will be contacted via email.