Click on the window icon in the top left hand corner of the map to view preserve detail layers.
|Union River||Frenchman Bay||Schoodic to Schoodic|
|Branch Lake Public Forest||Baker Hill||Corea Heath|
|Indian Point||Bean Island||Frances B Wood|
|Jordan Homestead *New Trail Open Now!||Coleman Mixed Woods||Little Tunk Pond|
|Mariaville Falls||Kilkenny Cove/OPRT||Schoodic Bog|
|Vernal Pools||Long Ledges||Schoodic Connector Trail|
|Marlboro Beach||Taft Point|
|Salt Pond||Upper West Bay Pond|
Where do I start?
Beginners should try Indian Point Preserve in Ellsworth, Salt Pond Preserve in Hancock, or Taft Point Preserve in Gouldsboro. All three preserves feature short, easy trails in the woods ending with scenic waterfront access.
Tidal Falls Preserve is our most popular destination. Our flagship preserve features a scenic reversing falls, coastal access, short interpretive trails (coming soon), picnic tables and a covered pavilion, and Frenchman Bay Conservancy’s offices and visitor Exploration Center.
We clear snow from the parking lots of the following preserves: Corea Heath, Taft Point, Baker Hill, Long Ledges, Tidal Falls, and Simon Trail. Be cautious of ice on parking lots and trails at all locations.
Please practice Leave No Trace principles while enjoying FBC trails, including:
- Leave what you find
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors
- Carry out what you carry in
On all trails, dogs must be under voice or leash control at all times.
Please note, no dogs allowed at Tidal Falls Preserve.
Motorized vehicles: Prohibited.
Hunting: refer to the map layers above to find preserves where hunting is allowed.
Enjoy our trails?
- Share: post photos and videos from the trail, tag @FrenchmanBayConservancy, and use trail hashtags (example: #FBCBakerHill or #FBCIndianPoint)
- Volunteer: drop in for a weekly trail work day during the summer or contact our stewardship team for more ways to get involved
- Donate: consider becoming a member of Frenchman Bay Conservancy to help maintain this trail and others like it